Study at BLCU
Exchange Students
Degree Students
>> ... >> Others
Application Procedure
Download Forms and Maps
general information
Date:2013-01-04Tmp-count:Font-size:[ large medium small ]

Term date:

Autumn semester: Beginning of September -- Mid-January

Spring semester: End of February -- Mid-July


Health Insurance
Exchange students are required to purchase medical insurance in China upon registration.

Extending "X2" visa
Exchange students with an "X2" visa who wish to continue the study at BLCU can extend the "X2" visa at the Administrative Department, Beijing Public Security Bureau with the following documents:

1. A Visa or Residence Permit Application Form authorized by BLCU
2. An Admission Notice or a certificate from the University.
3. one passport size photo
4. Registration Form of Temporary Residence from the front desk of the dormitory building on campus or a private house owner off campus from the local police station.

Residence Permit
Those with an "X1" visa are required to apply for the Foreigner's Residence Permit within 30 days after arriving in China. To apply for the Foreigner's Residence Permit you need to get the Certificate Verification from Beijing Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau (No.10 Dezheng Road, Haidian District, Beijing, Tel: 82403675)

BLCU organizes a health check for all the international students at the beginning of the academic year, and you can go to the Beijing Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau  by the school bus with your passport, two passport size photos and the health examination materials from your country.

BLCU organizes all the students to apply for the Residence Permit and the extension of the permit. You can ask for further information from your adviser. You may apply for the permit by yourself at the Administrative Department of the Entry and Exit of Foreigners, Beijing Public Security Bureau (Address: No. 2, Andingmen Avenue (east), Dongcheng District, Beijing, Tel: 84020101) with the following documents:

1. Certificate of Verification from China of Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine.
2. Alien's Residence Permit Application Form authorized by BLCU
3. JW201/JW202 Form (original). If you can not present the original form, you need to present the photocopy of the form and the original of the Admission Notice.
4. 2 passport size photos
5. Registration Form of Temporary Residence from the front desk of the dormitory building on campus or a private house owner off campus from the local police station.

The Residence Permit is valid for less than one academic year (the validity should not be longer than that of your passport). If there is any alteration in your Residence Permit, you should handle it in 10 days of the alteration. Failure in observing the regulations will result in a penalty.

Students with valid residence permits can go outside the mainland of China, including Hong Kong and Macao, for multiple re-entry during their study period.

There is an extensive library that international students can use: BLCU Library is noted for its collection of books of languages, Chinese culture, computer, finance and banking, pictorials, newspapers, altogether 1000 thousand volumes. The students can borrow and read books in the library with a library card.

BLCU Library also provides document-consulting services (Information and Consulting Office, 4th floor of the Library), video shows of language teaching (in the Audio-visual Room. The E-Reading room provides services of e-mail and Internet.

The beautiful garden-like campus, located in the Zhongguancun Science and Technology Zone and covering an area of 38 hectares, provides a quiet and comfortable learning environment.

There are several canteens and restaurants on the campus serving Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Islamic, Western food, fast food.  The refectory food is both good and cheap(10-20 RMB per meal).

There is also a hospital, bank, post-office, Internet service, convenience store and launderette on campus.

Sports facilities include opportunities for playing basketball, volleyball, tennis, football and baseball. There is a swimming pool, fitness center, several badminton courts, space for table tennis and bowling in the gymnasium

The University is on the routes of Bus No. 331, 375, 398, 810 and 902 which go directly to downtown area.

The subway is very convenient. You can walk 10 minutes from the campus to Wu Dao Kou subway station, and take the subway to go to any places in the urban area, the ticket is 2 RMB one time.

It takes about 50 minutes from the airport to the campus by taxi.

Print Close
Produced By 大汉网络 大汉版通发布系统